A Collaborative Effort to Cryo-preserve and Provide Access to Genomic Samples from Across the Tree of Life
The Global Genome Biodiversity Network (GGBN) is a global network of well-managed collections of genomic tissue samples from across the Tree of Life, benefiting society through biodiversity research, development and conservation. This network will foster collaborations among repositories of molecular biodiversity in order to ensure quality standards, improve best practices, secure interoperability, and harmonize exchange of material in accordance with national and international legislation and conventions.
- Provide genome-quality samples from across the Tree of Life for research, training, and development, thereby contributing to the conservation of global genetic diversity for generations to come.
- Provide open access to a global data management system hosting the aggregated primary specimen data and metadata for all the member institutions.
- Develop standards for sharing DNA and tissues information.
- Develop best practices related to management and stewardship of genomic samples and their derivatives, including appropriate access and benefit sharing (ABS).
- Promote targeted preservation of genomic samples representing a synoptic sample of Life on Earth.
- Recruit partners with different regional and taxonomic focus, to preserve the global genetic diversity in a concerted effort.
|Samples Online = 100,471|
|Taxa Online = 23,349|
|Collections Online = 12|
News & Updates
**A new version of the GGBN portal is currently under construction, with a beta version available at data.ggbn.org/ggbn_new. Final release of new portal is scheduled for December 2015. Various pages or links may have different designs while the transition is underway. **
|GGBN Second International Conference on Biodiversity Biobanking - 2016 - Berlin, Germany|
|Natural History Museum London and Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew make their genomic collections discoverable via GGBN|
|2014 GGBN Newsletter|
GGBN White Paper
Published in NAR
|2014 GGBN Conference|
[ TOP ]